Dedicated to Helping Students
Vogelzang Law Offices, located in Chicago, Illinois, is devoted to helping students during their academic career. Medical, social or financial obstacles can make higher education a mere dream to some students. Therefore, every year we offer a $1,000 scholarship to the student who submits the strongest essay focusing on the given topic.
2020 Essay Subject
Write an essay on the following topic: How asbestos is still used in today’s society despite continuous concern and regulations.
Essay Format Requirements:
- The essay must be 1,500 words or less.
- Post the essay to your blog. This can be a student blog on your university website or your own personal blog. If you do not have a blog, you can create one here for free: https://www.wordpress.com/.
- Include at least three “clickable” links to authoritative sources. At least one of these has to go to an article on vogelzanglaw.com. We added some below to get you started. Feel free to use different posts from our blog archive. Please note that the link to vogelzanglaw.com must be “clickable,” meaning that it is not enough to simply cite to the post. (Quick tip: In order to make a link clickable, highlight the entire link, click “Command + K” on your keyboard). Example posts:
- You must be listed as the author of the essay on the website and the blog post must be set to “public”.
- The work must be your own.
- The applicant must complete the online form which appears below by December 15, 2019. Applications submitted via any other channel will not be considered.
- The applicant must give full rights for the use of the essay to Vogelzang Law, for any advertising or promotional purposes.
- The winner must provide proof of full-time enrollment.
- The winner consents to the use of his/her picture and other basic information on the winner page of the vogelzanglaw.com website.
This scholarship is open to any U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident who will be enrolled full-time in Spring 2020 at an accredited community college or university (undergraduate or graduate), earning credits toward a degree (associate, baccalaureate, or graduate).
Students who give us a social-media shoutout will be credited with one bonus point per social-media channel. The shoutout should include a link to the vogelzanglaw.com website and a tag (link) to our respective Social Media Account. Please use the hashtag #vzlawscholarship2020 so we can find your account easier.
This is not a requirement and students without social media access will still be considered. Multiple shoutouts within the same social media channel are appreciated but will not result in additional points. We will not credit points for channels on which we are not active. Please find a list of our Social Media accounts below.
Sample Post (Facebook)
Announcement of The Winner
The decision of the committee is final. The winner will be notified via email or phone by January 15, 2020. The funds will be disbursed directly to the college or university to be used for tuition only. The winning essay may be published at vogelzanglaw.com.
Our scholarship recipient will also be asked to submit a current photo to be published in an announcement to recognize this year’s winner on our website.
Please complete the form below to submit your application.
By submitting your application, you consent to Vogelzang Law Offices publishing your essay and picture on vogelzanglaw.com. Vogelzang Law Offices has the sole right to resolve any disputes which may arise in the selection of the award winner. There will only be one award allotted.