Christian F. Hagn, Jr. from Chicago wishes he had known more about asbestos before he abruptly lost his 66-year-old father, Christian A. Hagn, Sr. (1938-2004), to mesothelioma.
“My dad got exposed on the job. I hope I wasn’t exposed, too,” said Christian, Jr. “Companies know that asbestos is killing people, but they keep it on the low. My dad had no protection. They told him it was just dust. Just clean your face, wash your clothes in the laundry, and everything will be fine. It was cheaper for them to lie.”